Intermediate Bike Maintenance Course
Our intermediate bike maintenance course is the next stage up from basic, covering more advanced repair techniques.
Time to build on the knowledge gained from the basic course, or maybe you already know something about repairing bikes and just want to learn more.
This full day intermediate bike maintenance course session is hands-on, so you get a chance to work on a bike during the session. Either bring your own bike along or we can provide one, but let us know beforehand if you would like us to provide one.
Aprons and gloves will be offered. Please wear suitable clothing as some bikes can be mucky!
NCA will provide work stands, tools and equipment, spares for up to 6 trainees, plus course ‘hand-outs’ and information as appropriate.
Free onsite parking is available. Tea, coffee and biscuits are provided and there’s a break for lunch (Participants are required to provide their own lunch).
Additional equipment and Instructors are available for larger groups, with advanced notice.
Our workshop team can also deliver the course at your venue.
What to expect from this course?
- Brake adjustment. Inspection/fitting inner and outer cables – lubricating;
- Gear adjustment/indexing. How a derailleur works. Inspection/fitting of cables – lubricating;
- Chains – Lubrication/Inspection/ break and re-join;
- Adjusting hub bearings;
- Bottom bracket and headset inspection/adjustment;
- Recommendations for routine servicing;
- How to identify an out of true wheel;